Along came a spider...

Hello, hello all! It has been (regrettably) a while since I cleared off the cobwebs on this old thing and sat down to tell you a thing or two about myself.  Of course, things have not been entirely interesting, as I've spent the last few months staring out a window and only realized I was in this deep trance when  a spider came and bit me on the very tip of my nose. (It was an awful creature, with great red spots and a large, bulbous posterior, but they make such incredible snacks on toast, that I did not have the heart to scream).

Black Lantern's seemingly unending hiatus is at long last coming to a close, and I can happily say that this upcoming issue (which will be available in early August) will be EXCEPTIONAL! I am planning all sorts of sinister things to do with the magazine, but primarily we hope to sell a few copies.  That's right! You will actually be able to own a PRINTED copy! But for those of you computer wizards who prefer the sound of mouse clicks, may download a .PDF file.  Either way, it promises to be a very exciting read.  The website will be entirely redone, and will feature an online store where you can purchase yourself as many copies of our delightful little magazine as you please!

The biggest change will be with our artwork, as the magazine will feature illustrations for our short stories.  We are collaborating with some wonderful artists to create a truly dazzling edition, and I've got to say, I'm pretty darned excited.  Now if this all just works out, I think I'll be THRILLED.

In other news, I stumbled across this little magazine today, The Red Penny Papers and am glad to see that another little quirky, dark magazine exists in the world.  I shall have to send them something truly ghoulish to publish...

Now that you all have heard my many--though really only a few--updates, I shall like a long nap and a delicious cup of hot cocoa before I continue staring out my window.  Unfortunately, the thing is damnably filthy; I can  barely see the tops of the crooked, dead trees in my horrible forest from where I am sitting.  I shall have to get Boris up here to scrub them.  Until next time, dear readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork is copyrighted by the author or authors listed. All rights reserved. Use of said art is for the purpose of this blog alone. The writer is by no means attempting to misrepresent the work as their own and due credit has been given where noted.